Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Devils Churn

 At the top of a switch-back walkway that takes you down the cliff side is this informative sign.  The Devils Churn is approx 3 miles North of us off of Hwy 101    The ocean is very loud, very big and very powerful.
 A few minutes after I took this picture a huge surge came in, shot all kinds of water straight up in the air and almost took the guy in the brown coat.  He thought it would be ok if he looked over the edge at the time too.  He got a big surprise!  Oh man, he was lucky.
 This lady is waiting for the "perfect" wave that will hit the rock ledge in front of her.  I'm thinking that I like the place where I was standing much better.
 Standing there you could feel the rock getting pounded by the ocean.
Towards the top of the walkway from the Devils Churn I saw this.  Do you think there is a lot of wind at times?  Why, yes there is.  Sometimes 70-80 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment