Thursday, September 19, 2013

NASCAR Pocono Raceway

 Through the Mount Pocono Harley-Davidson dealership I got a chance to ride on the Pocono Racetrack.  It was a sponsored Cal Schock Sr Memorial Ride (the previous owner of this dealership) with all proceeds going to Camp Cadet Troupe N (kids that want to be in law enforcement).  250 riders pre-registered for this event on August 25, 2013.  All bikes were welcome on this ride too.
 Here we are filing in at the racers entrance.
 We had to wait for an hour and a half until others has completed their allotted practice runs.
 I'm thinking that these formula looking cars were for classes someone has?
 We finally got on the track.  And we got to drive around for four laps as fast as we wanted to got.  I can tell you that at a slow 104mph the banked parts of the track sure came up fast.
Here I am standing in the winners circle.  I wondered how many famous drivers had stood in this same place over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment