Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Our Week In Washington D.C.

 I went on a night tour bus of the National Monuments.  As we went by the Capitol building our driver said they must be working late.  It was just before the government shutdown.
 This is the White House and a view through an open window.  That's a huge chandelier in the lower window.  I put my camera on maximum zoom to get it as their is an iron fence that prevents you from going very close.
 Right across the street from the White House was this protestor.
 Pretty cool view from within the Washington monument.
 Great national inscriptions on the wall of the Washington monument.  I wondered if the politicians Ever visit here for inspiration.  Just saying.
 And of course NO protesting.
 I have always wanted to stand in front of the Lincoln memorial.  It is as impressive as I thought it would be.
 This famous memorial is huge.  Their canteens could hold 40 quarts of water.
 Standing in the middle of the National Mall I took a picture of first facing the Capitol building.
And then I turned around and took this picture of the other direction.  Far in the distance you can see the beginnings of large tents.  The presidents wife was sponsoring National Book Month celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment