Thursday, April 11, 2013

 Fire Station #1 in downtown Ft Worth is a small museum.  This entrance is inside the foyer of a large high rise building..
 The bucket in the center is made out of leather.  Imagine a line of people passing full buckets of water to the front there the fire fighter throws it on the fire.  It is said that a fire doubles every minute.  I bet that not too many fires were extinguished that way.
 This ensemble has quite the head piece.
 I enjoy seeing real native artifacts.  The shield belonged to the clan of the bear.

I thought I'd go and see the inside of this building while I was downtown.  It's the Tarrant County courthouse.  Right inside the front doors was a metal detector system like at the airports and two sheriffs.  Posted was a sign that no pocket knifes were allowed (I had my Harley folding knife).  I would have had to walk back to the bike (right foreground) then back up the steps to the entrance.  I didn't go through the round trip routine.  What I could see of the inside was pretty regular anyway.  Not interesting like the outside architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment