Saturday, April 6, 2013

Traveling From Oregon to Texas

About an hour out from Fort Worth, Eastbound on Hwy 20 we came across this car carrier fully engulfed. You can see the driver standing by the cab.  Neither police nor fire was on scene yet.  I wished I was still on an engine responding.  I remember an on scene report once that said here was "burning flames".  
We could see this mountain for miles as we drove South in Northern California.  We're thinking Mount Shasta.
Well we are in Northern California
Packer Backers are EVERYWHERE!!
These types of signs are found at rest stops in Arizona.  Although important information you need to know but why would you want to walk your pet here?  Just saying.
Saguaro are very slow growing cactus. A 10 year old plant might only be 1.5 inches tall. Saguaro can grow to be between 40-60 feet tall (12-18m). When rain is plentiful and the saguaro is fully hydrated it can weigh between 3200-4800 pounds.
Pretty common sight in Texas.  The Texas Star.
Barnett Harley-Davidson of El Paso, TX says they are the worlds largest Harley-Davidson's dealer.  Ride to Live, Live to Ride is our motto.  http://www.barnettharley.com/  is the link just in case you want to visit.  Something happened to the steering on the motorhome as we drove past.  It kept trying to take the off ramp.  Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Mt. Shasta. I'll never forget the first time I was through there. Magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mountain DOES look pretty rad. The only BIG mountain I can remember seeing as a kid was that one from "Jerky" Bay. ;) I had no idea that saguaro grew so slowly or weighed so much. It's like they're the trees of the desert. I had to have my picture taken with one when Michael and I were on a road trip while I was pregnant with Julian.

    ReplyDelete